The GEF-CSO’s Regional Focal Point for the region of Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECA) has launched an outreach campaign aimed at increasing membership of the Network in Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
The GEF-CSO Network is a network of NGOs, CBOs, and Indigenous Peoples Organizations that are committed to the goals of sustainable development and environmental protection. The organization works to facilitate civil society inputs to GEF processes. The GEF-CSO Network comprises nearly 450 member organizations with experience and expertise in the GEF focal areas from all regions around the world.
The objectives of the Network are as follows:
1. To enhance the role of civil society in safeguarding the global environment
2. To strengthen the GEF Program implementation through an enhanced partnership with civil society
3. To maintain and enhance the capacity of the GEF-CSO Network
The EECA region of the GEF-NGO Network covers the countries of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan. In May of 2011, CENN (the Caucasus Environmental NGO Network) was elected the Regional Focal Point of the GEF-CSO Network in Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
The GEF-CSO Network offers members the opportunity to influence the decision making at one of the world’s biggest funders of environmental projects, the Global Environment Facility (GEF). The Network is looking for NGOs and CSOs that are keen to provide active contributions to:
- · The development of GEF policy
- · Raising awareness about the GEF-CSO Network and its work
- · News and information on GEF projects and activities in the organization’s country/region
- · Participating in Working Groups, Tasks Forces and GEF meetings
For more information on the GEF-CSO Network visit - www.gefcso.org
To apply for membership go to - http://www.gefcso.org/index.cfm?&menuid=32&lang=EN
Detailed information on GEF-CSO Network and membership in English and Russian: